Monday, September 3, 2012

Meatless Monday

Two weeks ago, I decided I would get in on the crazy trend of meatless Monday's. I figured, since The Mister generally works at his second job until at around 10pm, that it'd be much easier to do on a day I was completely on my own. I didn't know how "on board" he'd be with the whole thing, since he's a meat and potatoes type of guy. Well, since today is a holiday (Happy Labor Day) I told him he was required to participate. He agreed and made himself a huge veggie omlet for breakfast.
My meatless breakfast was a 110 calorie bagel thin with Weight Watchers cream cheese and a delicious blueberry green tea smoothie. Doesn't that sound amazing? Well, you're in luck. I took pictures of how to make said awesomeness, in which time The Mister made fun of me for taking pictures of my food...little does he know, that will be a regular thing for this blog. He'll just have to get used to that, cause I'm not going to stop.
For dinner, we're trying a new recipe for lentil tacos from The Curvy Carrot (I found the recipe on Pinterest)...so far, it smells amazing! Here is the link to the tacos, in case you're interested!  http://www.thecurvycarrot.com/2011/08/30/lentil-tacos/ Now....feast your eyes on this!


Gather your team of ingredients and get ready to have your socks rocked!

Throw everything in your handy dandy, brand new, personal smoothie maker...or a blender if you aren't as cool as me.


Ta Da! It tastes better with a bendy straw, I promise :)

Ingredients:
1/2 mug of a Green Tea K-Cup
1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
1 cup baby spinach
1; 6oz container light mixed berry yogurt

Calories: 183
Carbs: 34
Fat: 1
Protein: 9
Fiber: 5

Blend until smooth & enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment