Monday, September 10, 2012

Meatless Monday, Week 3

Hello all! After a busy Saturday and an extra lazy Sunday, we start our week off with another edition of Meatless Monday. It's just me and The Kidlets today, since The Mister works at both of his jobs today and won't be home until around 10pm. I threw a quick, simple dinner in the slow cooker late this morning. Cheesy potato & vegetable chowder is what we'll be enjoying tonight on this fall like day. The Big One promised to try it, even though I can almost guarantee he will not eat it all, he isn't much of a soup eater.

Since I had a slow go at waking up this morning, even after my two cups of coffee, I didn't take any pictures of the soup before I threw it together, but I'll be sure to take one of the finished product. Here is the lineup of ingredients and nutritional information. Hope ya'll try this one out for your Meatless Monday and enjoy! Be sure to let me know what you think!

Cheesy Potato & Vegetable Chowder
Serves 4, large portions

1 package Green Giant "steam in a bag" Vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots in cheese sauce)
1 cup organic vegetable broth
1 large russet potato, skin on, diced
1 can fiesta nacho cheese soup (this is where the majority of the calories come from)
4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp dried basil
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups water (I just eye balled this)
1/2 cup 1% milk (add 30 minutes before serving)

Place all ingredients (except the milk) in slow cooker and set to low for 6 hours. 

Calories: 224
Carbs: 28
Fat: 8
Protein: 10
Fiber: 5



No comments:

Post a Comment